SOUTH WINDSOR DEMOCRATS
DELIVER FOR TAXPAYERS
- Supported elementary facilities ten-year plan resulting in three new state of the art schools and a fourth to complete in 2023
- Successfully completed school district’s three-year strategic plan, including addition of elementary world language
- Guided the district through the pandemic, supporting evidence-based policies
- Two consecutive years with no tax increase. (No reduction in services, reduced mill rate, no sewer user fee increase)
- Created a tax stabilization fund from 1% of economic development funds
- Smart economic development resulted in $3.9 million grand list growth, providing tax relief to residents
- #12 Best Place to Live in America as rated by Money Magazine 2020
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (established town Social Justice Racial Equity Commission and school Equity Committee led by Director of Equity & Inclusion)
- Preserved farmland and park land for community enjoyment
- On track to reach the goal of 100% renewable energy for all town buildings by 2022
- Increased tax credit for seniors through increased income limits
- Zoning to support solar energy and electric vehicle charging
- Zoning to make South Windsor a great place to live, work, play, and learn
Join Our Email List
Get occasional emails with news and updates.
Your information will never be shared.
You may unsubscribe at any time.