Newly-elected Town Council and Board of Education members will be sworn in at an organizational meeting of the Town Council on Monday, November 8, at 8:00 PM.
View meeting agenda.
During our Campaign Kickoff, CT State Treasurer Shawn Wooden recognizes the leadership of South Windsor Democrats! Highlights include:
- Money Magazine's 12th Best Community in America
- Two years in a row with NO tax increases while maintaining services
- Growth of the South Windsor Grand List
- Smart economic development, while preserving a quality community
- Building state-of-the-art new schools attracting new families
Click on video to view.
SOUTH WINDSOR DEMOCRATS
DELIVER FOR TAXPAYERS
- Supported elementary facilities ten-year plan resulting in three new state of the art schools and a fourth to complete in 2023
- Successfully completed school district’s three-year strategic plan, including addition of elementary world language
- Guided the district through the pandemic, supporting evidence-based policies
- Two consecutive years with no tax increase. (No reduction in services, reduced mill rate, no sewer user fee increase)
- Created a tax stabilization fund from 1% of economic development funds
- Smart economic development resulted in $3.9 million grand list growth, providing tax relief to residents
- #12 Best Place to Live in America as rated by Money Magazine 2020
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (established town Social Justice Racial Equity Commission and school Equity Committee led by Director of Equity & Inclusion)
- Preserved farmland and park land for community enjoyment
- On track to reach the goal of 100% renewable energy for all town buildings by 2022
- Increased tax credit for seniors through increased income limits
- Zoning to support solar energy and electric vehicle charging
- Zoning to make South Windsor a great place to live, work, play, and learn