Primary August 9, 2022
Don’t forget to vote! There will be a statewide primary election on August 9, 2022. All polling places will be open in South Windsor from 6am to 8pm. Only those registered with the Democratic or the Republican parties are able to vote in a primary election.
Registered Democrats will be voting for Secretary of the State, State Treasurer, and Probate Judge (East Windsor, South Windsor, and Windsor Probate Court District) Candidates.
Registered Republicans will be voting for Secretary of the State, and U.S. Senate Candidates
If you wish to vote and are not registered with the Democratic or Republican Party, please register with a party as soon as possible.
The deadline to register to vote online or in person is August 4, 2022. If you are an unaffiliated voter and would like to register with a party, the deadline is August 8th, at noon.
The deadline to change a party affiliation has passed and cannot be done at this time.
Absentee ballots are now available for eligible voters. Please contact Town Clerk Bonnie Armstrong (860-644-2511) Democratic Registrar of Voters, Sue Larsen (860-644-2511- Ext. 2275), or Republican Registrar of Voters, Sue Burnham ( 860-644-2511- Ext. 2276).
CT State Treasurer Shawn Wooden recognizes the leadership of South Windsor Democrats! Highlights include:
- Money Magazine's 12th Best Community in America
- Two years in a row with NO tax increases while maintaining services
- Growth of the South Windsor Grand List
- Smart economic development, while preserving a quality community
- Building state-of-the-art new schools attracting new families
Click on video to view.
SOUTH WINDSOR DEMOCRATS
DELIVER FOR TAXPAYERS
- Supported elementary facilities ten-year plan resulting in three new state of the art schools and a fourth to complete in 2023
- Successfully completed school district’s three-year strategic plan, including addition of elementary world language
- Guided the district through the pandemic, supporting evidence-based policies
- Two consecutive years with no tax increase. (No reduction in services, reduced mill rate, no sewer user fee increase)
- Created a tax stabilization fund from 1% of economic development funds
- Smart economic development resulted in $3.9 million grand list growth, providing tax relief to residents
- #12 Best Place to Live in America as rated by Money Magazine 2020
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (established town Social Justice Racial Equity Commission and school Equity Committee led by Director of Equity & Inclusion)
- Preserved farmland and park land for community enjoyment
- On track to reach the goal of 100% renewable energy for all town buildings by 2022
- Increased tax credit for seniors through increased income limits
- Zoning to support solar energy and electric vehicle charging
- Zoning to make South Windsor a great place to live, work, play, and learn