Candidate for Board of Education
Why I Am Running for the Board of Education
I am running because I am an educator and I want to give back to my town by ensuring that our schools continue to excel and give the best educational experience and opportunities for the students of our town.
I am a community college teacher and I have been a PTO parent, serving in various capacities as board member, treasurer, secretary and president for more than 8 years. Being involved with local schools has given me insight into the concerns of parents for their children and the functioning of our schools. In addition, my term as Town Treasurer gave me a greater understanding of financial issues related to our town’s spending.
As an incumbent, I believe my experience has been invaluable in helping me navigate our school budget and to support policies that are critical to our students, teachers, and staff members.
- Biology Teacher: Manchester Community College
- South Windsor Town Treasurer: 2017-2019
- Incumbent : Board of Education: 2019 – present
- Past PTO president, secretary, treasurer and board member: 8 years
- Member: Town of South Windsor Human Relations Commission
- Past Member: South Windsor Water Pollution Control Authority and Energy Committee
- Board Member: Friends of the Wood Memorial Library and Museum
My Vision for South Windsor
To ensure that our school district’s high standards of excellence are maintained and that our students are educated in an inspiring and equitable manner. I am committed to supporting STEM education and our Special Education program. In addition, I will work to make sure that our elementary building plan is successfully completed.
- PhD (Molecular and Cell Biology) – University of Connecticut
- Master of Science (Biochemistry ) – University of Connecticut