Candidate for Town Council
Why I Am Running for Town Council
I am running for Town Council to continue my efforts in driving positive change for our community.
As a mother of three young children, I feel a responsibility to help create a community that not only benefits those who work and live in South Windsor now, but also for future generations. I have a vested interest in creating a community that welcomes all.
It is because of my strong beliefs and values that I promise to continue to work for the residents of South Windsor to maintain our amazing community, while pushing for forward-thinking change.
My Vision for South Windsor
In my role as a Town Councilor, I will continue my work on the South Windsor Town Council with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, arts and humanities, health and recreation, education, fiscal responsibility, infrastructure, open space and sustainability.
- Full-Time Mom and Small Business Owner, cabi Stylist: 2017-Present
- Member: South Windsor Town Council – 2016-Present
- President: South Windsor MOMS Club – 2019 – present
- Virtual Summer School Teacher at LEARN – 2006-2020
- Member: South Windsor Board of Education – 2017-2019
- Part-Time Employment in various town offices: Westbrook Town Hall – 2001-2017
- Public School Educator at Westbrook High School (Special Education & Reading Intervention) – 2001-2015
- Reading Specialist Endorsement, Southern Connecticut State University – May 2011
- Master in Reading w/Certification, Southern Connecticut State University – May 2011
- Certification in Special Education, Southern Connecticut State University – May 2016
- B.S. English Literature (minor in Psychology/Philosophy), Western New England College – May 2001