Candidate for Board of Education
Why I Am Running for the Board of Education
I am running for the Board of Education because I believe that all students deserve accessible, quality education that emphasizes and values their identities. I believe that South Windsor is on the right path toward inclusivity.
I am looking forward to having the opportunity to continue developing those principles for our town and school system.
- Program Leader/Graduate Assistant: Husky Sport, August 2019 – Present
- Community Activist: South Windsor for Black Lives Matter, June 2020 – Present
- Co-Founder, Secretary, Chair of Expansion and Events Subcommittee: South Windsor Future Leaders in Politics (FLIP), October 2020 – Present
- Building Substitute Teacher: Orchard Hill Elementary School January 2021- June 2021
- Middle School Assistant Softball Coach: Academy of Aerospace and Engineering, February 2019- June 2019
- Assistant Coach: Diamond Club Softball, August 2017- June 2018
My Vision for South Windsor
I hope we can continue the momentum of diverse hires in our district, and work with the Equity and Inclusion Director to develop comprehensive faculty and staff training.
I would also like to work on making sure our mental and social services are accessible for families who need them during this ongoing pandemic.
- South Windsor High School Graduate -2017
- University of Connecticut, B.A. Urban and Community Studies (minor in Spanish), May 2021
- University of Connecticut, Master of Social Work, May 2023 (expected)