Candidate for Board of Education
Why I Am Running for the Board of Education
I am running to ensure that South Windsor’s educational system is equitable, appropriately funded, and exemplifies the best in public education.
I want to make certain that all students receive the exceptional opportunities our district has to offer and that we advocate for representation of marginalized communities at all levels of public education.
- Incumbent: Board of Education – Serving second term
- Seventeen years experience in financial management and budgets
- Eight years experience as a parent with three years experience, as the parent of an elementary school student
My Vision for South Windsor
As the district reaches the successful close of its three year strategic plan, we must elect a Board of Education who will align future goals with our district’s vision statement. The 10-year facilities master plan is completed with the construction of Pleasant Valley Elementary School, so we are well positioned to build on our past success.
Here are some areas of interest for the newly elected Board of Education:
- Monitor federal, state, and local response to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and implement policies and safeguards to protect the health of students and employees
- Evaluate future facilities needs for the district, including: addition of lighted sports fields, modernization of HVAC systems for Timothy Edwards Middle School and South Windsor High School, continued monitoring of enrollment trends and their impact on existing facilities
- Engage with our Equity Council and stakeholders to evaluate policies, hiring practices, disciplinary practices, and curriculum. Ensure actions are supported by appropriate resources to address gaps in opportunity and achievement for marginalized communities.
- Increase in-district resources to support mental health needs of students and leverage federal/state funding available as a result of the pandemic, to support students
- Commit to supporting and empowering our educators who are the bedrock of our district’s success. This includes ensuring adequate staffing and resources to meet educational needs.
Bachelor of Science – Business Administration