Candidate for Town Council
Why I Am Running for Town Council
I am running for Town Council to help improve the quality of life for all South Windsor residents. As the town continues to grow, I want to be part of that planning, and have an opportunity to give back to a community that gave so much to my family.
This year we faced considerable challenges in South Windsor including the impact of Covid-19, but we moved forward: planning for affordable housing, advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in our town government and schools, promoting smart growth-economic development, preserving farmland and parkland, and holding the line on taxes. We will increase renewable energy, recreational opportunities, support the arts and promote healthy living and healthy eating.
I will work on these important issues in order to meet our goal of improving the quality of life for all South Windsor residents.
- Member: Town Council – 6 years
- Member: Park & Recreation Commission- 12 years
- Planning Team Member: South Windsor Farmers Market -5 years
- Member: South Windsor Agricultural Commission
- Member: South Windsor Hunger Action Team
- Member: South Windsor Land Conservation Trust
My Vision for South Windsor
My goal is to build on the tremendous gains we’ve made during democratic leadership by holding taxes flat, or even decreasing, driving smart economic growth that will deliver new tax revenue, grow affordable housing, upgrade our ADA compliance in schools and town buildings, and continue our efforts to preserve farmland and secure open space.
For the people of South Windsor, I will advocate for greater diversity and inclusion in town government, work for increasing Recreational and Arts opportunities, and fight for better living conditions through green initiatives, renewable energy and healthier food systems promoting local sourcing.
- e-Cornell University: Dr. T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition — February 2015
- University of Connecticut – May 2003 — Ph.D. – Kinesiology
- University of Connecticut – May 1991 — Professional Certificate: Fitness Management
- New York University – May 1972 — M.A., Educational Administration
- Montclair State University (NJ) – BA,, Physical Education, Health & Recreation